Orchard Brooks Healthcare Limited care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information by the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR (EU) 2016/679 and any other applicable data privacy laws.
This notice explains how we handle the personal information of clients, employees, applicants, former employees, associates, and consultants during our human resource activities. We may amend this notice from time to time should it become necessary.
DATA COLLECTION & PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for legitimate business purposes to administer our employment or contractual relationship with you and to run our business. We may collect, use, and transfer your personal information through automated and/or paper-based data processing systems. We have established routine processing functions (such as payroll and benefits administration) and process personal information on an occasional or ad hoc basis (e.g. consideration for promotion or change in marital status.
In the ordinary course of human resource activities, we can collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal identification, including your name, home address, date of birth, gender, work- related photographs, email address, home phone number, and mobile phone number
- Government-issued identification numbers such as national insurance and national ID for payroll purposes
- Immigration, right to work, and residence status
- Family and emergency contact details
- Job-related information, including years of service, location, annual leave, sick leave, and contractual data
- Educational and training information, including your awards, certificates, vocational records, and in-house training attendance
- Recruitment and performance-related data, including objectives, ratings, feedback, career history, work equipment, succession planning, skills and competencies, and other work-related qualifications
- Information relating to Orchard Brooks Healthcare assets
- Information needed for compliance and risk management, including disciplinary records, background checks, and security data
- Payroll and payment information, including salary, insurance information, dependants, government identifier, tax information, bank account details, and employment-related benefits information
HOW DO WE PROCESS IT?
We process personal information for the following purposes.
- Workforce planning, recruitment, and staffing
- Workforce administration, payroll, compensation, and benefit programs
- Performance management, learning, and development
- Legal compliance, including compliance with government authority requests for information and tax compliance
- Workplace management, including travel and expenses
- Internal reporting
- Audit purposes
- Protection of the Orchard Brooks Healthcare workforce against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud, or abuse
- Other legal and customary business-related purposes
We may disclose your personal information for legitimate purposes in the following circumstances to
- Other Orchard Brooks Healthcare entities, joint ventures, subcontractors, vendors, or suppliers who perform services on our behalf
- A newly formed or acquiring organisation if Orchard Brooks Healthcare is involved in a merger, sale or transfer of some or all of its business
- Any recipient, if we are required to do so, such as by applicable court order or law
- Any recipient, with your consent, such as for employment verification or bank loans
- Any recipient, when reasonable or necessary such as in the event of a life-threatening emergency
We respect your right to object to any use or disclosure of your personal information that is not
- Required by law
- Necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation e.g. employment contract
- Required to meet a legitimate need of Orchard Brooks Healthcare as an employer e.g. disclosures for internal auditing and reporting purposes or other processing covered by this notice
If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable solution.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, and current. Please note that you have a shared responsibility concerning the accuracy of your personal information.
Please notify a director of any changes to your personal information or that of your beneficiaries or dependents.
You may reasonably access and update the personal information about you that is on file with Orchard Brooks Healthcare – this is called a ‘subject access request’.
Please note that
- Your right to access your personal information may have some restrictions e.g. access may be denied
- In the case of recurrent access requests within a short time interval
- Where providing such access or correction could compromise the privacy of another person or unreasonably expose sensitive company information
Orchard Brooks Healthcare takes precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored, and we require our suppliers and service providers to protect your personal information by contractual means.
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period after that as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
HANDLING PRIVACY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this notice or if you believe that the applicable law or this notice does not handle your personal information, you have several options.
- Contact a Director of Orchard Brooks Healthcare
- Contact Sunstone HR– our outsourced HR service provider
Where you use our website, cookies are text files that collect data/information and visitor behaviour information. Cookies track visitor use and compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser to accept or decline cookies. Please be aware that a decline in preference may mean a loss of function in some of our website features.
Reviewed 4 July 2024